What will Religious Education look like this year? (8/21/20)
Religious Ed. Registration
Religious Education Registration for 2020-21:
- Fully Online Registration – NOW Available! (secure form, credit cards accepted)
- “Old Way” Religious Education Registration Form Download for 2020-21
- Parishioner Rate: $60 for one child, $100 for two, $140 for three or more
- Non-parishioner rate: $90 per child
- Full or partial financial need waiver available by request
The religious education program at St. Leo the Great Parish is intended to provide systematic formation in the faith for those in grades 1-10. This instruction along with participation at weekend Mass and faith formation in the home has the goal of leading our young people to a deeper relationship with God and the Church.
- Sacramental preparation is provided for children making their First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion and Confirmation.
- Saturday morning classes are offered for those in grades 1-6. These classes meet roughly every other week on Saturday mornings from 9 AM- 11 AM
- Tuesday evening classes are offered for those in grades 7-10. These classes meet roughly every other week on Tuesday evenings from 7-8:30 PM.
- We also offer an At-Home program in which the young people work on assignments during the month, and then meet once a month on Sundays from 10:35-11:35 AM for grades 1-6 and 12:05-1:20 PM for grades 7-10. Parents stay with their children during these sessions.
- Inquire about special programming for ages 3-5 with the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
There are a few additional Faith Formation Special Events by grade level for parents and their children throughout the year, as well as additional activities for those preparing to receive Sacraments.
Ask about our weekly youth group for Gr. 6-10 – the St. Leo the Great Contenders – with games, snacks, fellowship, service, and faith development.
For additional information on St. Leo’s religious education program, please contact:
Mr. Michael Ruszala, M.A. (Theology & Christian Ministry)
Pastoral Associate for Faith Formation & Evangelization
835-8905 x 12